The advancement of environmental protection and improvement includes preservation and conservation of the natural environment and the promotion of sustainable development. Conservation of the environment includes the conservation of a particular animal, bird, or other species or ‘wildlife’ in general; a specific plant species, habitat or area of land, including areas of natural beauty and scientific interest; flora, fauna and the environment generally.
Examples of the sorts of charities and charitable purposes falling within this description include:
- charities concerned with conservation of flora, fauna or the environment generally
- charities concerned with conservation of a particular geographical area
- charities concerned with conservation of a particular species
- the promotion of sustainable development and biodiversity
- the promotion of recycling and sustainable waste management
- research projects into the use of renewable energy sources
Selection of Related Charities
281681 Friends of the Earth Trust Limited is committed to the conservation, protection and improvement of the environment.
1106893 The David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation focuses on working for the survival of tigers, elephants, rhinos and other critically endangered mammals in the wild.